Are you looking to be at the forefront of Microsoft’s cloud computing transformation? Are you looking to work in an agile environment that ships frequently while maintaining a focus on long-term bets? Do you want to work with new technology on both front-end applications and back-end services?
Our team is looking for an experienced, talented, and motivated software engineer to transform how Microsoft delivers cloud computing resources around the world. We operate at the center of Microsoft’s business transformation to ensure compute capacity is available when and where it is needed. We work with multiple engineering and business teams to connect data and systems that enable critical business decision-making.
Microsoft Cloud Operations & Infrastructure (MCIO) is the engine that powers Microsoft cloud services through the operation of our unified global datacenters enabling ~30% of Microsoft revenue thru Azure ($6.9 billion in FY18 Q1). Our team is focused on improving the productivity of MCIO operations and engineering teams, particularly by inverting how business decisions are made – accelerating our move to automated, data-driven decisions made by intelligent software that can present decision-makers with pre-optimized options.
- Develop front-end applications and back-end services to support critical business functions delivering cloud capacity to customers
- Deliver platforms and tools that accelerate application building and provide consistent user interactions across a variety of applications
- Engage with engineers and business partners to identify opportunities to accelerate business decision making
- Act as an expert in getting applications and services to production quickly while ensuring code quality and security
- 3+ years of industry experience developing software platforms, preferably in server or cloud-based systems
- Excellent computer science fundamentals with strong testing, debugging, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of various design patterns and technologies that enable business problem-solving at scale
- Experience developing high-performance service-oriented solutions
- Strong communication skills with both engineering and non-engineering colleagues
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away